NorCAN is dedicated to helping nonprofits achieve their goals
and invites you to join with other north coast nonprofits who have come together in the belief that, through collective action, we can have a greater impact in our community, strengthen the nonprofit sector, and improve public policy. NorCAN’s goals are:
Monthly meetings with specific topics are open to all nonprofit employees, volunteers and board members to provide an opportunity for information sharing, collaboration building and organizational business. And, by working together, we take on projects such as:
- To coordinate and assist information sharing among nonprofits from all sectors.
- To inform ourselves about pending legislation and policies, which will affect nonprofits.
- To advocate on behalf of issues important to nonprofits at local, state and federal levels.
- To inform ourselves and our community about the contributions of nonprofits.
- To celebrate the successes and contributions of nonprofits.
- Nonprofit Networking luncheons - featuring distinguished speakers on topics of interest to nonprofits
- Board of Director Roundtables and other opportunities for peer support
- Annual regional nonprofit capacity building conference
Membership is open to all individuals and nonprofit organizations for an annual fee. We look forward to adding you or your organization to our roster.
Membership Application: Join or renew online or fill out a paper application and mail it in: In Word| In PDF
Thank you to everyone who completed the 2012 NorCAN Nonprofit Needs Survey. We are using survey feedback to guide our future trainings and service. Please click here to view the survey summary which provides information on the nonprofit section as well as our future plans!
Click here to view our 2012 Fall Newsletter!
NorCAN continuously looks for ways of keeping nonprofits informed of its activities and/or opportunities available to them. You may access the most recent NorCAN Newsletter or for more information, call Amy Jester at (707) 442-2993 or e-mail your questions to
The opportunities and services offered by and through NorCAN are made possible through funding partnerships with Humboldt Area Foundation and the Mel & Grace McLean Foundation and our members.